Published: Wed, February 13, 2019
Arts&Culture | By Matthew Castillo

Jussie Smollett’s Phone Records Rejected By Police As New Surveillance Videos Emerge

Jussie Smollett’s Phone Records Rejected By Police As New Surveillance Videos Emerge

I don't believe it, not around here....

A neighbor claimed to have seen a "redneck" with a rope but Chicago police were unable to find video surveillance from the area to support this. "They have cameras everywhere".

Smollett's crisis manager, Chris Bastardi, told Fox News: "Jussie is the victim here, which has been stated by the Superintendent of Police".

The entire situation involving Jussie Smollett's alleged attack is incredibly freakish.

Clearly, that anonymous person is delusional, since incidents like the Laquan McDonald murder to 15 men exonerated for false arrests show Chicago is far from "the most liberal city", which has an epic history of racism. "Why can't they find the attack?"

As for the phone records, Guglielmi said, "We are very appreciative of the victim's cooperation, however, the records provided do not meet the burden for a criminal investigation as they were limited and heavily redacted".

The 36-year-old actor added that his alleged attackers screamed "this is MAGA country" - suggesting that they were supporters of President Trump and his campaign slogan "make America great again".

"We offered to take the phone to download the data and he expressed he couldn't be without his phone for several hours".

The strong assertion comes a day after a spokesman for the Chicago PD said that the phone records Smollett handed over were "insufficient to corroborate some of the information".

Smollett told cops he was confronted by two men, one wearing a black mask, who called him "Empire f--t n--r" while he was walking home shortly before 2 a.m., hurling gay and racist epithets at him. The men then poured a substance on him - believed to be bleach, according to the source - and one of the attackers put a rope around his neck.

As theGrio previously reported, Smollett claims he was assaulted by two masked men in the early morning hours of January 29, as he was walking home from a nearby Subway sandwich shop.

The Post said last week it traced Smollett's likely route to the underpass from a 24-hour Subway sandwich shop where he bought a tuna sandwich and a salad, and that near the foot of a stairwell to the Loews, the paper found an empty hot sauce bottle that was partially filled with a clear liquid that smelled like bleach. Bruised but not admitted to the facility, the Empire star returned to his local apartment that morning and was said to be in good condition, police said.

"I don't believe it happened the way he said it did", Chicago resident Agin Muhammad told the Post.

The FBI declined to comment.

Like this: