Published: Sat, October 06, 2018
Sports | By Juana Wells

Ronaldo's image removed from EA Sports website

Ronaldo's image removed from EA Sports website

Nike, which has had a contract with Ronaldo since 2003, has said it is "deeply concerned by the disturbing allegations" facing the footballer.

Giving an interview to Der Spiegel in the past week, Kathryn Mayorga alleges that Ronaldo forced her to have sex at a Las Vega hotel in July 2009.

Ronaldo denies the charge and Juventus are ready to select him for the first time since the story emerged. It had already called the allegation against the Portugal captain "concerning" in a statement to the AP that reminded "ambassadors to conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with EA's values".

"The events allegedly dating back to nearly 10 years ago do not change this opinion, which is shared by anyone who has come into contact with this great champion", Juventus said.

Juventus later posted a video on YouTube and Twitter showing Ronaldo training, with the caption: "Juventus go for goal. Calmness on and off the field", the Italian said. An EA spokesperson said on Thursday it was also closely monitoring the situation.

Others backed the Serie A champions, however, saying they were merely following the line of "innocent until proven guilty" and carrying out their "duty of care" as Ronaldo's employer.

The football player is the cover star of EA Sports' FIFA 19, having also appeared on the front of the series' previous game.

"Regarding the tribulations, he's a lad I've known for three months".

Ms Mayorga has filed a lawsuit against the player, and police in Las Vegas have reopened their investigation.

"The passing is exceptional, and tonight was the best Ronaldo of the season", said Allegri.

On the decision to leave out Ronaldo, manager Fernando Santos said: "In the future, nothing prevents Cristiano from giving his contribution to the national team".

"My clear conscious will thereby allow me to await with tranquility the results of any and all investigations".

While he's been left out of the Portugal national football squad for their upcoming worldwide fixtures, he's been publicly backed by Juventus, to whom he transferred over the summer.

He is in contention for Saturday's visit to Udinese after missing Tuesday's Champions League game against Young Boys through suspension.

Her lawyers are now seeking to declare the non-disclosure agreement void.

Like this: