Published: Fri, August 10, 2018
Sports | By Juana Wells

Mina, Gomes deals confirmed as Everton complete Barca raid

Mina, Gomes deals confirmed as Everton complete Barca raid

Brazilian winger Bernard has revealed the key role Everton boss Marco Silva played in convincing him to move to Goodison Park despite offers from Chelsea, West Ham and AC Milan.

Despite interest from Manchester United and Lyon in the 23-year-old, and a six-week pursuit by Everton, the defender was finally secured on a five-year deal for an initial €30.25m (£27.2m) plus €1.5m in add-ons.

Everton have signed Portugal worldwide Andre Gomes on a season-long loan from Barcelona.

There was a predictably frantic conclusion to the last hours of business, the Premier League waiting to register ten players after the 5pm deadline, deal sheets submitted pending medicals and the agreement of personal terms. It is the best league in the world.

"Bernard is a great player, a player for the Brazilian national team, and I also followed his progress with Atletico Mineiro", Richarlison said on Wednesday.

Mina, for whom Barca have retained a buy-back option, said the chance to play alongside Gomes and Lucas Digne - who made the same switch last week - played a part in his decision to join Marco Silva's men.

Bernard has put pen to paper on a four-year deal with Everton, and was given visa clearance on the final day of the window to feature for his new club.

Everton's new manager wanted two central defenders before the deadline and was hoping to get his wish with a second loan signing, that of Kurt Zouma from Chelsea. I have spoken a lot to the coach and I know his passion for Everton and determination to be successful. I am ready to train and work.

"I spoke to Lucas and he told me all about the Club, which also made me keen to come here".

Like this: