Published: Mon, August 06, 2018
Sci-tech | By April Francis

Man who harassed Yellowstone bison arrested

Man who harassed Yellowstone bison arrested

National Park Service Rangers arrested the man who infamously went one-on-one with a bison at Yellowstone this week. On July 28, law enforcement rangers at Grand Teton National Park took Reinke into custody "for a drunk and disorderly conduct incident", after which he was booked in jail overnight.

After his release, Reinke travelled to Yellowstone National Park.

Yellowstone rangers reportedly received several wildlife harassment reports from concerned visitors and found Reinke later on the evening of July 31, issuing a citation requiring a court appearance. Once the Yellowstone rangers connected the dots and realized the man was connected to multiple infractions as well as the wildlife harassment case an assistant US attorney requested his bond be revoked.

Rangers there were looking for his vehicle when they got a report about two guests arguing and creating a disturbance at Many Glacier Hotel.

After the world watched Raymond Reinke (allegedly) harass a Bison in Yellowstone, rangers hauled him in and cited him for some other uncivil behavior. He is scheduled for a court appearance Friday. The bison confrontation was just one of a number of alleged incidents across National parks over the course of a week. After issuing that citation, NPS says the video surfaced of Reinke's encounter with the bison.

Reinke was transported to Helena on Thursday night and handed over to Yellowstone rangers. One of those individuals was identified as Reinke.

And that didn't prove too hard after rangers responded to a disturbance complaint at the Many Glacier Hotel.

Upon his arrest, Yellowstone officials revealed Reinke having spent the past week traveling to different national parks causing disturbances.

"Threaten/resist/intimidate/intent interfere with a government employee".

The first condition of the bond was "must not violate federal, state, or law while on release". He was cited in that instance for failing to wear a seatbelt as a passenger.

Reinke was a passenger in the auto, and was argumentative with officers.

Park officials say there have been at least four injuries at Yellowstone involving animals this year, including a woman who was gored by a bison in June. They didn't know of Reinke's bond conditions at the time.

At 8:10 p.m., visitors reported the bison hazing incident to rangers.

He remains jailed, with his next hearing set for 11 a.m. August 8.

Like this: